Design Initiatives Program Officer
The Program Officer provides project management expertise to support the success of Enterprise’s National Design Initiatives. This department, which holds an evolving, expanding role within Enterprise, currently houses the Enterprise Rose Architectural Fellowship, Affordable Housing Design Leadership Institute, Pre-Development Design Grant and the nascent Community Design Resource Center. The department is also involved in an ongoing planning effort that will determine its larger role within community design and development nationwide.
The Program Officer provides project management expertise to support the success of Enterprise’s National Design Initiatives programs, with a focus on the Enterprise Rose Architectural Fellowship program. This position requires solid communication, organizational, analytical, computer and administrative skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision. Reporting to the vice president of design initiatives, the position is located in our Wellesley, MA location.
- Support all facets of the Enterprise Rose Architectural Fellowship program, including:
- Coordinate host organization and fellowship application processes.
- Coordinate outreach on Fellowship opportunities, including candidate recruitment, applications, interview and award processes and related materials.
- Manage Rose Fellowship reporting processes.
- Monitor Intern Development Program (IDP)progress of current Rose fellows.
- Coordinate fellowship trainings, regular conference calls, and retreats.
- Contribute intellectual leadership to expanding Enterprise’s Community Design Excellence Initiative.
-Lead creation of tools and resources for Community Design Resource Center. Work with leading architects, developers, and Rose Fellows to develop these platforms.
-Lead fundraising and grant writing efforts for the Design Initiatives department. Compose and edit progress and activity reports as required by funders.
- In collaboration with Online Services team, update related websites with new materials, opportunities and information. Keep blog and social media updated and current.
- Provide a high degree of customer service and quick, courteous response to requests for information and assistance from internal and external customers.
-Undergraduate degree and four (4) years of relevant experience; graduate degree may be substituted for up to two years of experience. MArch, MLA, MPP, MUP, MCP desirable.
- Interest, knowledge and/or experience in community architecture, green building and community planning.
- Architectural design skills are not required, but an interest and ability in growing the leadership capacity in community development and design a necessity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and solve problems, prioritize conflicting demands, plan work effectively, follow-up and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent desktop publishing and graphic design skills. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites a must.
- Actively participates in team-oriented activities, builds relationships.
- Availability to work occasional overtime and for occasional travel.
For more information and to apply: http://tinyurl.com/ProgramOfficer-Fellowships