The buildingcommunity WORKSHOP is currently seeking candidates for the professional position of Director of Urban Design & Planning. The bcWORKSHOP delivers public design to all communities, with projects located primarily in the North and far South regions of Texas. For more program information please visit bcworkshop.org.
Position Title: DIRECTOR OF URBAN DESIGN & PLANNING
Location: Dallas, TX
The bcW DIRECTOR of URBAN DESIGN & PLANNING is a full time position working closely with the bcW Director to develop and implement community and urban design efforts to transform Dallas into a more balanced social, economic,, and ecological place for all citizens. Responsibilities will include driving the short and long-term strategic direction of urban design programs; working collaboratively with the City of Dallas’ citydesign studio; and overseeing the design, project management and day to-day activities of bcW’s planning effort to strengthen neighborhoods across the city.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 8 years experience in design and planning,
- Master’s degree in landscape architecture, urban design, and/or planning,
- Direct experience engaging communities in planning & design,
- Excellent communication and organizational skills,
- Strong visual communication skills and graphic talent,
- Understanding of urban design principles and theory associated with project design and execution,
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines and a sense of humor,
Please send your letter of interest, resume, including references, and digital work samples (please limit total file size to 4MB), to the attention of Brent Brown at email@example.com. Please be sure to reference "PLANNING" in the subject line of your email.